Thursday, July 16, 2009

Dangerous Discovery

Do you know the most dangerous of all discoveries? It's not Dynamite, Atom Bomb or Biological Weapons. The most dangerous concept discovered is "Reading between the lines". I tried Wiki, Google and even the newly launched beta version of Bing to find out who came up with this "men destroying concept" and found nothing. So I am going to go out on a limb here and say it was discovered by a woman. A rather modest woman (sounds alien, right) but since she did not leave her name as the discoverer I think she was the exception in the modesty department.

Men don't read between the lines. Hell, most times they don't even read the lines. But women, they read the lines all right and then they proceed to read between the lines , whatever that means, and sometimes flip the pages to see what else is written. They analyse things by reading the lines and then over analyse by reading between the lines and then since they have a convoluted logic all hell breaks loose. Sample this example:
Guy - honey, you are looking pretty.
Girl (reading the line) - Really. I know.
And now Girl (reading between the line) - Am i really looking pretty or is he just pulling my leg. Am I looking fat? Is the dress OK? Did he see something which he is not telling me? Is he seeing someone else and just saying this to keep me happy.
You see what I mean when I say the most dangerous discovery is reading between the lines.
Guys - don't even bother to read. We are good at that.
Girls - the reason i wrote this long post is so that you have enough to read between the lines.

No comments: