Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Kambakkht Ishq - update

I was talking to a friend of mine who lives in Kolkata and is totally clued into Tamil movies. He told me that Kambakkht Ishq is a remake of Tamil film Pammal K Sambandam (PMK) featuring Kamal Hassan. I haven't seen PMK so cannot tell you dear readers whether it is a better movie. And, you already know my take on the Hindi remake. I wasn't aware of the remake thing and when i read the director's and producer's interview claiming that this was an original idea scripted just for Akki I believed it as it sounded quite believable. But like all "originals" in Hindi movies this one is also an "original" fake..oops..remake. Only wish that they had learnt from the makers of Ghajini the art of remaking a movie and making it watch worthy.

No comments: